Sori Yanagi Japanese Iron BBQ Plate Skillet 22cm
- SKU: C220279
Sori Yanagi was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1915. His father, Soetsu Yanagi started ¡°Mingei (Japanese folk art)¡± promotion, which valued hand-crafted art of ordinary people and discovered beauty in everyday ordinary objects. Soetsu also helped to establish the Nihon Mingeikan, the Folk Crafts Museum of Japan.
Sori entered Tokyo Art School in 1934, where he studied both art and architecture. He was impressed by Le Corbusier as well as by Charlotte Perriand when she worked in Japan in the early 1940s, and he got more interested in ¡°design and objects¡± rather than paintings and buildings.
After World War II, Sori designed many kinds of products such as furniture, three-wheeled vehicle, Olympic cauldron, and pedestrian overpass. The water kettle was one of his most famous designs, which included the Butterfly chair in 1954 as well as his porcelain and silverware series.
Nihon Yoshokki Co Ltd was founded in 1955 in Tsubame City, Niigata Prefecture, Japan, which is the center of cutlery and steel manufacturing. It manufactures most of the Sori Yanagi-designed kitchenware and tableware.
- Brand:Sori Yanagi
- Material:Cast iron (Nambu Tekki)
- Product type:Grill Pans
- Country of origin:Japan
- Dimensions:L x W x H (approx): 330 x 250 x 90 mm, Pan depth: 20 mm, Bottom diameter: 210 mm
- Capacity (approx):0.75 L
- Item weight (approx):2350 g
- Shipping weight (approx):2800 g
- Lid not included.
Use & Care
- Compatible with any type of cooktops, including induction heating.
- Apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the surface and pre-heat the pan well before putting foods on each time.
- Handwash the pan with a soft sponge and dry it thoroughly.
- Do not use soap or harsh detergents for the pan.
- Make sure no food is left in the pan after cooking in order to prevent it rusting.
- Apply a small amount of vegetable oil on the surface while pan is still warm.
- Store it in a dry location.