Takumi Magma Plate Cast Iron Frypan – Made in Japan
$129.00 – $149.00 (-44%)
or 4 fortnightly payments from $32.25 with More info
- Takumi 匠 represents the highest quality of making iron cookware
- Proudly made in Japan to ensure the best quality
- Special heat-treated metal for highly resistant to rust
- The layers of iron nitride and iron oxide make it incredibly strong and durable.
- "Magma plate" ensures iron purity up to 98.8%
- Excellent heat conductivity and durability.
- Pour spout for easy draining
- Generates great stir fried dishes
Takumi 匠 represents the highest quality of making iron cookware and inherits with hundreds of years of tradition. This is one of the best brand in Japanese history. Japanese expert uses special heat-treated metal to create the ultimate frying pan series. The layers of iron nitride and iron oxide on the frying pan’s surface make it highly resistant to rust and incredibly strong and durable.
The newly applied “magma plate” ensures iron purity up to 98.8% for excellent heat conductivity and durability. It takes 39 seconds to reach a temperature of 200 degrees, good for fast cooking and keeping nutrients in food intact. It helps to generate great stir fried dishes.
- Top diameter: 244mm (with pouring rim)
- Bottom diameter: 160mm (flat bottom)
- Length with handle: 443mm
- Height: 81mm
- Thickness: 1.8mm
- Body material: Magma plate (98.8% high iron purity)
- Producing method: Nitriding Processing
- Handle material: Natural wood (beech)
- Country of manufacture: Japan
- Item weight: (approx) 0.9kg
- Hobs compatibility: Induction, gas, electric and ceramic
- Dishwasher safe: No
- Instruction : English and Japanese
Seasoning & Maintenance
- Before first use… “Oil Seasoning”
First, wash the frying pan/wok’s inner and outer surface with dish soap. Once you have seasoned the inner surface with oil, you can use it right away. Pour in enough oil to fill about 1/3 of your frying pan’s capacity and heat it on low for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and return it to its oil pot or other suitable container. Use paper towels to spread the remaining oil fully around the pan’s inner surface.
- When finished
Carbon steel frying pans and woks are not storage containers. When finished cooking, put any leftovers in an appropriate container.
Use a scrub sponge to wash it with warm water. Do not wash it in the dishwasher. When done, rinse the pan off and wipe it dry.
Season it with a tablespoon of oil before storing it. Please be sure to read the entire instruction manual before the first use.