Sori Yanagi Japanese Cast Iron Frying Pan Skillet（with stainless steel lid）
$179.00 – $199.00 (-33%)
- This pan is one of renown Sori Yanagi iron pan series and made of a unique material named “Magma plate” invented by Satoshoji Corp. “Magma plate” is made of blue tempered material, which is carved with concave and convex pattern inside and outside like Nambu Ironware, and coated first with black oxide film (for surface protection) and subsequently with silicone resin paint. This structure will help interaction with cooking oil and prevent food from burning or sticking to the pan. Also, transparent silicone coat is applied to prevent rust.
- With increased surface area, the pan can conduct more heat, cook faster and keep food flavor. It’s durable and even tolerant to cooking with high heat or use of steel cooking tools.
Sori Yanagi was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1915. His father, Soetsu Yanagi started “Mingei (Japanese folk art)” promotion, which valued hand-crafted art of ordinary people and discovered beauty in everyday ordinary objects. Soetsu also helped to establish the Nihon Mingeikan, the Folk Crafts Museum of Japan.
Sori entered Tokyo Art School in 1934, where he studied both art and architecture. He was impressed by Le Corbusier as well as by Charlotte Perriand when she worked in Japan in the early 1940s, and he got more interested in “design and objects” rather than paintings and buildings.
After World War II, Sori designed many kinds of products such as furniture, three-wheeled vehicle, Olympic cauldron, and pedestrian overpass. The water kettle was one of his most famous designs, which included the Butterfly chair in 1954 as well as his porcelain and silverware series.
Nihon Yoshokki Co Ltd was founded in 1955 in Tsubame City, Niigata Prefecture, Japan, which is the center of cutlery and steel manufacturing. It manufactures most of the Sori Yanagi-designed kitchenware and tableware.
- Brand:Sori Yanagi
- Material:Body: Magma plate (iron), Lid: 18-0 Stainless steel, Handle & Lid knob: Phenol resin
- Product type:Frying Pans
- Country of origin:Japan
- 18cm:Dimensions (approx): Diameter: 338 x 218 x 72 mm, Item weight (approx): 660 g, Shipping weight (approx): 1050 g
- 22cm:Dimensions (approx): Diameter: 400 x 260 x 100 mm, Item weight (approx): 1000 g, Shipping weight (approx): 1600 g
- 25cm:Dimensions (approx): Diameter: 455 x 290 x 109 mm, Item weight (approx): 1400 g, Shipping weight (approx): 2000 g
Use & Care
- For left or right handed use.
- Ideal for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Each time you use this pan, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the cooking surface and pre-heat the pan slowly before adding food.
- Hand wash with a soft sponge and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use soap or harsh detergents.
- In order to avoid the formation of rust, food should not be left in a pan after cooking.
- Apply a small amount of vegetable oil over the interior surface while pan is still warm.
- Store in a dry location.
18cm, 22cm, 25 cm, 27cm